CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Interim.

For interim next week, my friend and I are going to do a self-guided study/ mentorship. For three days (Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday) we are going to be working at the Carriage Place Rec. centre with a pottery teacher. There, we will be working with clay and paint. As well as pottery and painting, we will also be writing as a self-guided study.

Planning was complicated because we had to come up with what we wanted to do first (also because of parents disliking the idea of a joint interim) and it took us past the packet due date. Luckily, we were able to get an extension.

I like interim the way it's set up now. Students, for the most part, take advantage of the time given to them for their interim. The only main problem I've seen the past two years that I have been at Linworth, is making a final descion on what to do during the week of. I guess having some volunteer work (like what Jen used as an exmaple) as an option would be good. The list could help or hinder students, really. The whole "coming to a final descion"-thing again. But having it avaliable would be nice.

1 comments:

Katie said...

And it's going to be productive, too!


It better be, or I'm gonna have to beat myself over the head with something hard and heavy...