CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 4, 2008

War.

Ever since we stopped getting the newspaper here at home, I've been a little behind on the events in Iraq. I do read on it every now and then when there's an article on the front page of Yahoo! but that's about as involved as I get. But all that one really needs to know is that war is costly in both money and lives.


So far my stance on bringing the troops home is that we'd have to do it over an extended period of time because if we pull out to fast we could have another Vietnam or Korea situation (they basically fell apart because our troops were withdrawn to quickly).

Now, know that I do not support McCain, nor do I support Hillary or Obama, but like John McCain said, we could be there for the next hundred years. But NOT in a combat situation. We still have troops over in Germany sixty years after WWII but not in a combat situation, so there is the possiblity of us being in the Middle East for quite so time, too. We "put" Saddam in power and we took him out, so now we're dealing with the consequences of our own imperialism. We went and got ourselves far too involved with someone else's business.

0 comments: