I thought The Tipping Point was alright.
The chapters, I felt, were dragged out with lots of detail, too much detail. Most of the examples used seemed to be very bland and uninteresting. The Stickiness factor was hardest for me to get a grasp on because of all time he put into describing the studies on the kids and Seasame Street. I didn't make the connection until he sumed up his point in the end of the chapter. Almost every chapter was like that for me.
If it weren't for all of the "pointless" detail the author put into this book I probably would have had a better time reading. The context as a whole seemed very dry. I almost had to force myself to read at times. Also I would get so lost in all of the examples Gladwell would give that I would forget what the overall purpose of the chapter was and the point he was trying to make.
I felt this book could have been better. But, on the other hand, it did give me a wider perspective of trends in society.
Honestly, though, I'm glad we're finished with it.
Wednesday, April 2, 2008
Reading & Reflection
Posted by Ego Brain at 12:12 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment