| This would be great except I don't see much of a point. Sure I don't like tests and grades (grades especially) but I think that they are necessary to getting a good quality education. This "free school" system, though, is just too laid back for my taste. I wouldn't get anything accomplished there for one and another thing is, well, the kind of stuff I do in my free time (basically what they are doing all the time) is just for fun, it's nothing to make a living off of. Sure I'm just a high school student, but I realize the importance of education for the future, especially if you want to go to college and get a good job. Now, compairing this system of education to our AP education system, I did see a few similarities. They have a lot of the same freedoms we do and more. At LAP, we still have classes and expectations to up-hold like using our free blocks and sign-out time wisely. Their environment, on the other hand, is entirely unstructured. Like I said before, it's too laid back for my taste. |
Sunday, February 10, 2008
OC #1: Free Schools
Posted by Ego Brain at 9:05 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment